Conditions of admission
- Application is open to duos of which both pianist and singer study at a conservatory or music academy in the world, in either a Bachelor or Master programme or equivalent. Note that preliminary programmes and post-Master education do not qualify.
- In addition, the competition is open to duos of which one person is registered as a student, while the other has been registered as such and has received his or her diploma not more than one year prior to 20 april 2017.
- Application is not open to musicians who have previously won the First Prize of the competition, wether in the original duo or as part of a new duo.
Procedure of admission
- Interested duos should use the application form downloadable from this website and apply before the deadline, listed in the timeline.
- Applicants are to upload a collection of MP3’s meeting the conditions described in the application portal.
- Each duo is to fill in a repertoire list during the process of application. See the repertoire section for the exact requirements!
- The jury will assess the applications and decide which duos will be accepted for entry to the competition. Duos that are not admitted wil receive a short, motivated reason from the jury. Duos that are accepted will receive notification by the date listed in the timeline.
- Duos that are admitted will receive the list with 5 obligatory songs and the commissioned composition by the dates listed in the timeline section.
Admission and mandatory repertoire
- The number of duos admitted to the first round is limited to 50. (Note: this is a change compared to earlier editions, where 30 duos were admitted.)
- All 50 duos that are allowed to the competition receive a list with five songs, that have to be studied, the so-called mandatory repertoire. From this list, the artistic director chooses several songs for the first and second rounds of the competition.
- We have a good tradition of having one composition commissioned at the occasion of the competition. Every duo will receive this a song (see timeline). The song is to be performed in the second round, and may also be performed in the finals.
- All songs have to be sung by heart, with the exemption that the Artistic Director may decide that the commissioned composition may be sung from score. Consult us in case you are not sure on this point!
- The application fee of €150 can be transferred via bank transfer upon completion of the registration form. Admissions are only considered for which the payment is received (proof of payment suffices in case of applications that are completed near the deadline).
- Each competitor is responsible for covering all costs that may be incurred by participation in the competition. We do not offer any scholarships or other support.
- The enrollment fee of €150 cannot be returned. The decisions of the Jury are not open for discussion.
- All rights to possible video or audio recordings remain the property of The International Student Lied Duo Competition.
- The competitors receive no payment for possible TV or radio broadcasts.
- For reasons of competition planning, the competitors are required to report in time.
- All prize winners are obliged to attend the presentation of the prizes.
- All organizational decisions concerning the Competition remain the responsibility of the Competition Directors. The Directors reserve the right to make all final decisions in the event of any misunderstanding.